Django CMS is a free and open source content management system platform for publishing content on the World Wide Web and intranets. It is based on Django, and written in Python.
Django CMS 1.0 was initially authored by Thomas Steinacher. Django CMS 2.0 was a complete rewrite based on a fork of django-page-cms. Main development of django CMS 2.0 was by Divio AG. The complete list of contributors is available here.
Django CMS is available in several languages. , seven languages have achieved 100% translation status, fourteen more languages over 80%, and a total of thirty-three (33) languages with at least some translation.:
Transifex is used to manage the translations of the project. The current status of the translations can be found here.
- Edit all plugins within the page.
- Reusable plugins
- Use django CMS plugins in your own apps.
- Flexible Plugin Architecture
- Build flexible pages with a wide range of plugins.
- Search Engine Optimization
- The structure of the pages is optimized for indexing.
- Editorial workflow
- Workflows for publishing and approval.
- Permission Management
- Set specific rights to different users.
- Each modification of the page will be saved. You can restore any state you wish.
- Administer multiple websites over the same admin interface.
- Support for different languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Applications (Apps)
- Add apps to different pages of the CMS.
- Media Asset Manager (MAM)
- MAM allows you to manage all kind of assets (pictures, PDFs, videos and other documents).
- Content management system
- List of content management systems
Source: Wikipedia | The above article is available under the GNU FDL. | Edit this article
|Search for Django-cms in Tutorials
|Search for Django-cms in Encyclopedia
|Search for Django-cms in Videos
|Search for Django-cms in Books
|Search for Django-cms in Software
|Search for Django-cms in DVDs
|Search for Django-cms in Store
Django-cms in Encyclopedia
Home - Add TutorGig to Your Site - Disclaimer
©2011-2013 TutorGig.info All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement