A Bachelor of Business (B.Bus, BBus, BBus (Major)) is a three or four year business degree offered by traditional and newer universities from the post-Dawkins era in Australia and New Zealand. It is similar in format and structure to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Business Science (BBusSci) and Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS); see further under Bachelor's degree.
In Australia, it was traditionally awarded by former non-university tertiary institutions which include institutes of technologies, such as Queensland University of Technology, RMIT University and the University of Technology, Sydney. Some former Institute of Technologies and Colleges such as Ballarat College of Advanced Education (University of Ballarat), Swinburne Insititue of Technology (Swinburne University) the South Australia Institute of Technology (University of South Australia) and the Western Australia Institute of Technology (Curtin University of Technology)have renamed their Buinsess programs to Bachelor of Commerce after achieving university status.
Many universities such as Monash University and the University of Queensland are offering Bachelor of Business degrees as a way to further specialise students study needs while other univiersities such as University of New England, University of Tasmania, James Cook University, Griffith University and La Trobe University have replaced many of their traditional general Commerce programs with Business programs. Within Australia, Bachelor of Business degrees are as common as Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Economics degrees.
Examples of such include:
- Bachelor of Business (Economics)
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Applied Economics)
- Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking and Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Property)
- Bachelor of Business (Information Systems)
- Bachelor of Business (Tourism)
- Bachelor of Business (Agricultural Commerce)
- Bachelor of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Science
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Master of Business