Araku Valley () is a hill station and a Mandal in Visakhapatnam district in the state of Andhra Pradesh in India.It has got an amazing nature with thick forests surrounded all over.Araku is popular for its world famous coffee plantations.For every traveller it gives a wonderful and a unique experience.
Unripe Coffee Pods in Araku Coffee Plantation in Araku Araku is located at . It has an average elevation of 911 meters (2992 feet).
It is located 116 km from Vishakhapatnam, close to the Orissa state border. This place lures people with pleasant weather, hills and valleys. The natural beauty of this valley comes alive with its rich landscape. The area of the valley is roughly 36 km , and the altitude is between 600 and 900 meters above sea level.
The journey to this place on the Ghat road with thick forests on either side is in itself interesting and pleasant. One can have a wonderful trekking trip. Traveling on train gives you a memorable experience. A total of forty-one tunnels and numerous bridges will greet you on the way. The Ananthagiri hills on the way to Araku Valley are famous for coffee plantations. The Borra caves, located 29 km from Araku Valley, are a nearby tourist attraction full of stalactites and stalagmites.
Tribal Woman in Araku Located on the Eastern Ghats of India, the valley is inhabited by tribal people. One of the other attractions of this valley is a Tribal Museum which showcases tribal handicrafts and lifestyle.
Road through Araku Valley The valley is connected through both rail and road to the city of Vishakapatnam. There are two railway stations at Araku and Araku Valley on the Kothavalasa-Kirandul railway line of Visakhapatnam division of the East Coast Railway, on the Indian Railways network.
There are 14 panchayats in Araku Valley mandal.
- Baski (village and panchayat)
- Bondam (village and panchayat)
- Chinna Labudu (village and panchayat)
- Chompi (village and panchayat)
- Gannela (village and panchayat)
- Iragai (village and panchayat)
- Kotha Bhalluguda (village and panchayat)
- Lotheru (village and panchayat)
- Madagada (village and panchayat)
- Madala (village and panchayat)
- Padmapuram (village and panchayat)
- Pedda Labudu (village and panchayat)
- Siragam (village and panchayat)
- Sunkarametta (village and panchayat)
This scenic beauty is also a host for many Tollywood films like Happy Days, Katha.
- Pictures of Tribal museum, Horticulture nursery, Tribal dancing & Borra caves in Araku Valley
Darling movie released in year 2010 was being shot in araku. The movie cast was Prabhas and Kajal Agarwal