The 49th Air Transport Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was as part of the 1502d Air Transport Wing (ATW), Military Air Transport Service, stationed at Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii.
It was inactivated on 1 July 1955.
Established in 1948 as a medium transport squadron flying C-54 Skymasters, it transported supplies and personnel in the Pacific from Hawaii to the Philippines and bases in between. It deployed elements of the squadron to Tachikawa Airfield, Japan during 1951-1952, flying combat resupply missions during the Korean War.
After the Korean War, it returned to normal peacetime operations. It was inactivated simultaneously with the host 1500th ATW in July 1955.
- Established as the 1265th Air Transport Squadron on 1 Jun 1949
- Activated on 30 Jun 1949
- Redesignated the 49th Air Transport Squadron on 20 Jul 1952
- Inactivated on 1 Jul 1955
- 1500th Air Transport Wing, 1 Jun 1949-1 Jul 1955
- Hickam AFB Hawaii, 1 Jun 1949-1 Jul 1955
- C-54 Skymaster, 1949-1952
- C-97 Stratofreighter, 1952-1955
- Mueller, Robert, Air Force Bases Volume I, Active Air Force Bases Within the United States of America on 17 September 1982, Office of Air Force History, 1989