Prof. Zafarul Islam Islahi (born 1950), is Professor and Chairman of Department of Islamic Studies at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh India and a member of Management Committee of Darul Musannefin Shibli Academy, Azamgarh India. He is also Secretary of Idarah Ulumul Quran, Aligarh India and a Historian, Islamic, Quarnic scholar.
Prof. Islahi, born in 1950, belonged to Chitteypur (Azamgarh, U.P.). He obtained the degree of Al-Fazilat from Madrasatul Islah (Sarai Mir, Azamgarh), and completed Fazil-i-Adab and B.A. from Lucknow University (Lucknow). He did his M.A., M.Phil. & Ph.D. in History from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. For M.Phil. and Ph.D., he worked on Agrarian Law of the Mughal Empire and Concept of State and Law in the Mughal Empire respectively. For about five years (1980 1984), he worked as Research Associate in the Department of History (A.M.U., Aligarh). He joined the Department of Islamic Studies (A.M.U., Aligarh) as Lecturer on 31 October 1984. Presently, he is Professor & Chairman in the same department.
1. Socio Economic Dimension of Fiqh Literature in Medieval India, Research Cell, Dayal Singh Trust Library, Lahore, 1990.
2. Kitabiyat-i-Farahi, Idarah Ulum al-Quran, Aligarh, 1991
3. Islami Qawanin ki Tarwij wa Tanfiz Ahd i Firuzshahi ke Hindustan mein, Idara Ulum-i-Islamia, A.M.U., Aligarh, 1998
4. Sir Sayed wa M.A.O. College aur Dini wa Mashriqi Ulum, Islamic Book Foundation, New Delhi, 2001
5. Salatin- i-Dehli aur Shariat-i-Islamiah Yek Mukhtasar Jaizah, Aligarh, 2002
6. Quran aur Science (Seminar Maqalat), (Co-Editor), Institute of Islamic Studies, A.M.U., Aligarh 2003
7. Fatawa Literature of the Sultanate Period, Kanishka Publishers, New Delhi, 2005
8. Contribution of Shaikh Ahmad Sirhindi to Islamic Thought (Seminar Papers) (Co-Editor),Institute of Islamic Studies, A.M.U.Aligarh, 2005
9. Ishariah Shashmahi Ulum al-Quran, Idarah Ulum al-Quran, Aligarh, 2005
10. Talim Ahd-i-Islami ke Hindustan mein, Darul Musannefin, Shibli Academy, Azamgarh, 2007
11. Quran Majeed ka Maqam-wa-Martabah aur us ke Taqaze, Halqah-i-Dars-i-Quran, Aligarh, 2007
12. Role of Muslims in the Freedom Movement of India (Seminar Papers) (Co-Editor), Institute of Islamic Stidies, A.M.U.Aligarh, 2007
13. Qurani Afkar wa Talimat aur Maujudah daur mein un ki Manawiyyat, Universal Book House, Aligarh, 2008
14. Mutalaat -i- Sir Sayyed Talimi,Samaji aur Fiqhi Masail ke Hawale se, Institute of Islamic Studies,A.M.U.Aligarh, 2008
Reference : - http://www.shibliacademy.org