The Star-Banner is the daily newspaper in Ocala, Florida, United States and serves Marion County and the surrounding communities. Owned by Halifax Media Group, the Star-Banner has a daily circulation of about 43,000, and is the 19th largest newspaper in the state of Florida.
The East Florida Banner started publishing weekly in Marion County, Florida in 1866. It is the direct forerunner of today's Star-Banner. The East Florida Banner was sold to George W. Wilson in 1881 and was renamed The Florida Banner-Lacon when it merged with The Florida Lacon. In 1883, the name was changed to The Ocala Banner. In 1890, The Ocala Banner became a daily newspaper. In 1895, The Ocala Evening Star was created as a competitor to The Ocala Banner. The Ocala Star-Banner was combined into one publication on 1 September 1943 and has remained the daily newspaper in Marion County since that time.