Serendipity is a PHP based blog and web-based content management system. It is available under a BSD license. It supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, and SQLite database backends, the Smarty template engine, and a plugin architecture for user contributed modifications.
Serendipity's plugin architecture allows users to easily modify both the appearance of the blog and its features.
Serendipity's SPARTACUS plugin automatically checks the central repository for plugins/templates upgrades and new functionality whenever a user checks the list. Users can install more than 120 plugins, instantly enhancing their blogs' functionality.
WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Easy drag-and-drop sidebar plugins organization
- Category-based sub-blogs
- Static Pages
- Robust spam blocking
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty
- Remote blogging via XML-RPC
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Native import from earlier blog applications (WordPress, Textpattern, Moveable Type, bblog, etc.)
Search engine-friendly permalink structure
TrackBack and Pingback
The first book about Serendipity was published in German by OpenSourcePress: Serendipity - Individuelle Weblogs f r Einsteiger und Profis.
de:Serendipity (Software) fr:Serendipity