Rockwell Automation is a global provider of industrial automation, power, control and information solutions. Brands in industrial automation include Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation is one of the largest industrial automation companies in the world, employing about 21,000 people in more than 80 countries. It is a Fortune 500 company, ranked number 466 on the list. In 2012, the company was named One of World's Most Ethical Companies for the 4th time. 
Rockwell Automation was initially founded in 1903 as the Compression Rheostat Company by Lynde Bradley and Dr. Stanton Allen with an initial investment of $1,000. In 1910 the company was renamed the Allen-Bradley Company. In 1952 they opened a subsidiary in Galt, Ontario, Canada that now employs over 1000 people. In 1985 a new company record was set as they ended the fiscal year with 1 billion dollars in sales. On February 20, 1985 Rockwell International (now Rockwell Automation) purchased Allen-Bradley for $1.651 billion, which is the largest acquisition in Wisconsin's history.
Rockwell Automation spun off from Rockwell International in 2001. From there, Rockwell Automation went through a series of acquisitions, particularly Propack Data (now Rockwell Automation Solutions GmbH) in 2002, DataSweep in 2005, GEPA in 2006, ICS Triplex, ProsCon and Pavilion Technologies in 2007, and Incuity in 2008 and Lektronix Ltd in 2011. On January 31, 2007, Rockwell Automation sold off their PowerSystems Division which consists of Dodge mechanical and Reliance Electric motors with headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina to Baldor Electric Company.
Some examples of Rockwell Automation's industrial automation offerings are:
- Programmable Automation Controllers: CompactLogix, ControlLogix, FlexLogix, SoftLogix5800 and DriveLogix
- Programmable Logic Controllers: PICO, Micro 800, MicroLogix, SLC500, PLC5 and Datasite RTU
- I/O: FlexIO, CompactIO, PointIO, etc.
HMI: PanelView Standard, PanelView enhanced, PanelView Plus, Industrial Computers & Monitors, etc.
- Industrial Safety Products: GuardLogix, SafetyIO, XM Vibration Monitors, etc.
- Safety Systems: Trusted TMR, AAdvance, Regent++ TMR, Regent TMR, SFD2000, SSD2000
Variable-Frequency Drive: PowerFlex Drives, Drive Systems.
- Rockwell Software Brand: RSNetWorx, RSLinx, PMX, FactoryTalk etc.
- Motor Controllers: MCCs (Allen-Bradley's CENTERLINE MCC with IntelliCENTER Technology), industrial control (contactors, overloads, circuit breakers etc.)
- Condition Monitoring/Vibrational Analysis: Entek
- Sensors, Photoelectric, Capacitive, Inductive, Ultrasonic: Rockwell Automation/Allen-Bradley Sensors
cs:Rockwell Automation de:Rockwell Automation pt:Rockwell Automation ru:Rockwell Automation