Marlwood School (founded 1606) is a comprehensive secondary school located in Alveston, South Gloucestershire, just north of Bristol, England. It is situated on the B3561 on the outskirts of the south-west of the village.
The school used to be Thornbury Grammar School and was located in the buildings that are now the sixth form centre for The Castle School in Thornbury. Thornbury Grammar School was relocated to new buildings on the outskirts of neighbouring Alveston in 1972.
It received its first comprehensive intake and was renamed Marlwood School under the headship of Terry Fazey.
It is a Beacon school and has attained the status of Science College, due to excellence at science. Marlwood currently has around 1,200 pupils and its own sixth form department, with over 200 students studying AS, A2 and BTEC qualifications.
The school produces a regular newsletter known as 'Grapevine' as well as the termly general school newsletter.
Thornbury Grammar School