Kramer KB22 tractor Kramer K18, built 1937
Kramer Werke GmbH is a manufacturer of compact construction machines, located in Pfullendorf (Baden-W rttemberg).
In 1925 the brothers Kramer started to develop and produce mowing machines and Tractors in Gutmadingen, Germany. These were the first ones built in Germany and a revolution in agricultural work. The company headquarter was moved to berlingen (Bodensee) in 1952.
In the time from 1957 to 1958, a special department for industrial and construction machines was set up. It caused a sensation, when Kramer introduced in 1968 the first German wheelloader with four-wheel drive and equal sized tires. A lot other four-wheel steered machines followed this example.
In 1973 an important change of direction occurred, when the company decided to close down the "tractor" manufacturing division of the business and focussed on construction machines. At this time the global tractor manufacturing business was changing with local companies suffering reduced market share as the major players consolidated and average tractor horse power increased. Many of the post war European tractor manufactures failed. In 1987 the companies focus was adjusted to the four-wheel steering based models. This development was the basis for the construction of the first Teleloader.
In 2001 the merger between Kramer-Werke GmbH and Neuson Baumaschinen GmbH took place. Within this year, the company was renamed to Neuson Kramer Baumaschinen GmbH.
On April 5, 2007 the company began to build a 30 billion Euro facility in Pfullendorf. The new production site has an area of about 16 hectare and the facility itself offers 160.000 square meters of factory space. The possible annual production capacity rises from 1000 to 6000 machines.
Neuson Kramer Baumaschinen GmbH was finally renamed in 2008 to Kramer Werke GmbH and became a brand of Wacker Neuson SE.
de:Kramer (Unternehmen) nl:Kramer (tractormerk) tr:Kramer