Kosli is a Tehsil in District Rewari of state Haryana in India. It is situated 80 km from Delhi in National Capital Region (India).
According to Mahabharat, Tomar Clan was once a part of Yadav Clan. Kosli village was established by Dev Singh in 1193 A.D , grandson of Anangpal Tomar (Last Hindu king of Delhi) and son of Ausan Singh. A small town that is well known to contribute soldiers and officers to the Indian Army in particular plus other armed forces and the Para-Military organisations. The town has a small population and the Yadavs are the majority, in particular the gotra kosaliya. Descendants of dager clan established small kingdoms near Jodhpur and Gwalior in the seventeenth century.
Along with soldiers it also contributes a lot of teachers in Haryana.The sex ratio of Kosli is 57:43 and the pin code is 123302. Kosli Railway Station is on the Rewari-Bhiwani line. A flyover is under construction which is said to be second largest flyover of Haryana.
It is situated in Rohtak, Haryana, India, its geographical coordinates are 28 25' 0" North, 76 29' 0" East. Kosli Village has a MAUTH (Hindu Monastery headed by a Mahant). Every year on the festive day of Dhulandi a fair is organised in this MAUTH in honour of Baba Mukteshwar Puriji Maharaj. People from nearby villages come to this place for taking blessings of Babaji (saint) on this holy occasion. Teams of reveler enjoy the occasion, songs are sung by teams of villagers celebrating Holi throughout the day.
Schools and colleges
- D.A.V. College (for Girls ) Kosli
- Govt. Boys senior secondary school
- Govt. Girls senior secondary school
- Happy Senior Secondary School , Kosli
- R.K.D. Sr. Sec. School bhakli
- R.R.N. DAV Public School Kosli
- S.K.G. Sr. Sec. School bhakli
- Krishna College Of Education bhakli
- vivekanand Bal Mandir Public School bhakli
- ITI Diploma College Kosli
- Happy College of Education
- Pathfinder Global School
- Saraswati Public School Kosli
- Telephone Exchange
- Veterinary Hospital
- Civil Hospital
- Defence Canteen
- Power House
- Civil Court
- Indane Gas Agency
- Railway Station
- Central Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- The Rewari Central Co-Op Bank.
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Mini Sectrait
- Mini Stadium