Customs unionworldwide A customs union is a type of trade bloc which is composed of a free trade area with a common external tariff. The participant countries set up common external trade policy, but in some cases they use different import quotas. Common competition policy is also helpful to avoid competition deficiency.
Purposes for establishing a customs union normally include increasing economic efficiency and establishing closer political and cultural ties between the member countries.
It is the third stage of economic integration.
Customs unions are established through trade pacts.
List of customs unions
Every Economic union, Customs and monetary union and Economic and monetary union has also a Customs Union
||Date (in force)
|Andean Community (CAN)
|East African Community (EAC)
|Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia
|EU San Marino
|Israel Palestinian Authority
|Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR)
|Southern African Customs Union (SACU)
Additionally the autonomous and dependent territories, such as some of the EU member state special territories, are sometimes treated as separate customs territory from their mainland state or have varying arrangements of formal or de-facto customs union, common market and currency union (or combinations thereof) with the mainland and in regards to third countries trough the trade pacts signed by the mainland state.
agreement]] that it participates into.)
- 2010 Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- 2010 Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- 2011 Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS)
- 2012 Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC)
- 2015 Arab Customs Union (ACU)
- 2015 Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- 2019 or before Union of South American Nations (UNASUR)
- 2019 African Economic Community (AEC)
- ca 2020 Closer Economic Relations of Australia and New Zealand
- Central American Common Market (CACM)
- Customs and Economic Union of Central Africa (UDEAC) - superseded by CEMAC
- 1925 French Customs Union over occupied Territory of the Saar Basin
- The former Zollverein
- Custom Union Between Lebanon and Syria
- Customs Union of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and its proposed successor in the framework of Eurasian Economic Community (EurAsEC)
- The McGill University Faculty of Law runs a Regional Trade Agreements Database that contains the text of almost all preferential and regional trade agreements in the world. ptas.mcgill.ca
- Michael T. Florinsky. 1934. The Saar Struggle. New York: The Macmillan Company.
- List of international trade topics
- European Customs Information Portal (ECIP)
- Customs territory
ar: be-x-old: bg: ca:Uni duanera de:Zollunion es:Uni n aduanera eo:Doganunio fr:Union douani re ko: hr:Carinska unija it:Unione doganale he: lb:Zollunioun nl:Douane-unie ja: no:Tollunion pl:Unia celna pt:Uni o aduaneira ru: sk:Coln nia fi:Tulliliitto sv:Tullunion tr:G mr k birli i uk: zh: