Christina Elizabeth Kramer is Professor of Slavic and Balkan languages and linguistics at the University of Toronto and Chair of the university's Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures which is part of the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Kramer authored Macedonian: A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. The book first published in 1999, revised and expanded second edition published in 2003 is the most recent English Macedonian textbook.
She is a specialist on Balkan languages and semantics, specifically on South Slavic languages. Her research focus on synchronic linguistics, sociolinguistics, verbal categories, language and politics. She teaches courses in Russian and Macedonian language and others.
- 1975: B.A. (Russian and comparative literature), Beloit College, Beloit, Wisconsin
- 1980: M.A. (Slavic Languages and Literatures), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 1983: Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Now: Lives in Toronto with her Daughter Marisa Franz
Kramer worked as a translator for Berlitz Translation Service for some time, translating documents from Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, and Turkish.
Since 1986 Kramer is a member of the University of Toronto faculty. Professor Kramer has been promoted to full professor in May 2001.
- Christina E. Kramer (2003): Macedonian (= Makedonski jazik): A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. Revised and expanded second edition. University of Wisconsin Press. May 2003. ISBN 978-0-299-18804-7
- Christina E. Kramer/Brian Cook (1999): Guard the Word Well Bound: Proceedings of the Third North American-Macedonian Conference on Macedonian Studies. Slavica Pub: Indiana Slavic Papers, vol. 10 (1999). ISBN 978-9991972534
- Eran Fraenkel (Author), Christina Kramer (Editor) (1993): Language Contact-Language Conflict (Balkan Studies). Peter Lang Publishing. ISBN 978-0-8204-1652-6
- Christina E. Kramer (1986): Analytic Modality in Macedonian. (Slavistische Beitr ge) Munich: Verlag Otto Sagner. ISBN 978-3-87690-343-9
- Christina Kramer (1985): Makedonsko-Angliski Razgovornik. Skopje: Seminar za makedonksi jazik.
- See full list
Kramer received the 2006 Book Award from the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and Eastern European Languages for best contribution to language pedagogy for her book Macedonian: A Course for Beginning and Intermediate Students. She received the prize on December 28, 2006 during the association's annual meeting in Philadelphia.