Anurag Thakur(full name Anurag Singh Thakur) is member of Lok Sabha from Hamirpur in Himachal Pradesh in India. He was elected to Lok Sabha in May 2008 in a by poll as a candidate of Bharatiya Janata Party. He is the currently Joint Secretary of BCCI.
Early life and education
Born on 24 October 1974 at Hamirpur, Anurag Thakur is the elder son of Prem Kumar Dhumal the present Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh and Sheela Devi. He hails from Rajput background.
He studied at Dayanand Model School, Jalandhar, Punjab. He was a good crickter in his school. and later did his B.A. from Doaba College, Jalandhar.
Anurag became the youngest President of Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association at the Age of 25 years. In May 2008, he succeeded his father when he was elected as member of parliament of India from Hamirpur Constituency. He is credited of making Himachal Pradesh capable of hosting international standard cricket at HPCA Stadium in Dharamshala. Anurag Thakur has become a promising political leader and is poised to play a leading role in the politics of state in subsequent times.
Anurag was given a new responsibility. BJP president Nitin Gadkari appointed him the president of the All India Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha.
- Member of Parliament from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh
- President of BJYM .
- President Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association.
- Became youngest President of Himachal Pradesh
State Cricket Association at the age of 25.
- Became youngest national selector at the age of 26 years in the year 2001 to select Indian Junior Cricket teams.
- President of State Rifle Association, Himachal Pradesh.
- General Secretary, Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association.
- General Secretary, Hockey Himachal Pradesh.
- Executive Member, India Olympic Association.
- Joint secretary, BCCI
He married to Sheffali Thakur, daughter of Gulab Singh Thakur, present P.W.D Minister of Himachal Pradesh government, on 27 November 2002